[News] Farewell Ander Herrera
11-05-2019, 06:04 PM
Farewell Ander Herrera

Earlier today the club released a video confirming Ander Herrera's departure .

This is a player that gave 100% to the cause unlike his team-mates.
This is a player that was the ultimate team player, selfless and covered every blade of grass unlike his team-mates.
This is a player that remained professional, never downed tools and always rose to the occasions.

He was treated terribly by LVG and Mourinho and won the trust of fans despite the ignorance of his managers.

Until the every end, management treated this lad badly. Woodward didn't offer him what he was worth 12-18 months before his contract ended and he was devalued over a number of years.

He's probably the last true leader in this plastic team. He's not a man of empty words and a lack of action like Lukaku, Pogba, Young,Smalling,Jones & Lingard.

He left everything out the pitch.

Ander Herrera deserved better than managers like LVG and Maureen. He deserved better than to be devalued by a cunt like Woodward.

Ander Herrera is the least of our problems and was one of the few professionals left at the club. In a club full of mercenaries and plastic false footballers, he stuck out as a genuine,honest, hardworking, passionate player, worth every penny paid.

I doubted Ander Herrera in 2014, he leaves now 5 years on, with my blessing. He deserves better than this club. I hope he moves to a top club like Barcelona or find himself back at Bilbao rather than PSG.

Farewell, I hope we don't replace him with yet another mercenary.
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2019, 07:51 PM
RE: Farewell Ander Herrera
I like the kid personally. if he wasn’t to Deadwoods liking, fine. But have a like for like or better replacement ready to go when you are going to let him leave. Piss poor planning again
11-05-2019, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2019 09:56 PM by Costas.)
I am not in the mourning mood that many United fans seem to be. He wouldn't be the first player I would offload by any means, but I don't feel sorry about losing him either. Not after what's transpired in recent weeks. For someone who supposedly loves the club and is a true red, he chose to leave it over money. And then he went missing when we needed him, hiding behind a pussy injury. And that says a lot about his true character (remember when Roy Keane spoke about bluffers recently).

He's reportedly joining PSG for less money than what he was demanding from United. How can I believe that he loves the club after that? Basically, he stepped on the Alexis Sanchez debacle to extort the club for money than even he knew he wasn't truly worth. He's another mercenary.

And of course it goes without saying that he is not worth 300k/week. I don't care if we gave new contracts to Young, Smalling and Jones or that we are paying Alexis 400k/week. Offering Ander Herrera that silly amount of money wouldn't have fixed these other problems. It would have just added to them. Especially when we can find someone better and younger for less.

Good luck to him. We move on.
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
11-05-2019, 11:06 PM
(11-05-2019 09:55 PM)Costas Wrote:  I am not in the mourning mood that many United fans seem to be. He wouldn't be the first player I would offload by any means, but I don't feel sorry about losing him either. Not after what's transpired in recent weeks. For someone who supposedly loves the club and is a true red, he chose to leave it over money. And then he went missing when we needed him, hiding behind a pussy injury. And that says a lot about his true character (remember when Roy Keane spoke about bluffers recently).

He's reportedly joining PSG for less money than what he was demanding from United. How can I believe that he loves the club after that? Basically, he stepped on the Alexis Sanchez debacle to extort the club for money than even he knew he wasn't truly worth. He's another mercenary.

And of course it goes without saying that he is not worth 300k/week. I don't care if we gave new contracts to Young, Smalling and Jones or that we are paying Alexis 400k/week. Offering Ander Herrera that silly amount of money wouldn't have fixed these other problems. It would have just added to them. Especially when we can find someone better and younger for less.

Good luck to him. We move on.

Costas - I was also bitter towards Herrera but these things don't happen overnight.

Phil Jones got a 5 year deal. Smalling got a 4 year deal. Rojo got a 4 year deal. Young got a contract.

Then Herrera was offered the same wages, less than Shaw, less than Alexis, Young, Martial, Lindelof and also he was not offered these terms earlier in 2018 but in November-December 2018 when he is free to speak to bigger clubs, to better clubs , to more promising clubs.

Herrera spoke with Barcelona, Bilbao & PSG. United could not offer Herrera a decent wage or contract but we did give Martial 200k. We did give Luke Shaw 190K. But for Herrera....120k, a small improvement on his current deal. Fair play to him.

Woodward played him, devalued him and underestimated him.

Herrera is not world class or irreplaceable but he's not plastic mercenary like Pogba. Nor is a garbage man like Matic. He's also alot better than Fred who is a hot/cold. He's neither youngster or veteran, he doesn't need accept a bad deal.

Anyways United got the shit stick of this all, we lose a good player and will no doubt gain another plastic mercenary cunt who downs tools like Pogba.
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]