Liverpool
07-05-2019, 08:51 PM
Liverpool
I won big today, bet on Liverpool to win the 2nd leg, the overall match and to keep a clean sheet.

How I envy them.
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2019, 09:09 PM
RE: Liverpool
(07-05-2019 08:51 PM)Clint-TheyCallMePapii Wrote:  I won big today, bet on Liverpool to win the 2nd leg, the overall match and to keep a clean sheet.

How I envy them.

Hey- if u get a feeling about some stocks can you message me? Angel

Begrudgingly you have to give them credit for the win. On the plus side I hate Barca too bc they have won sooo many times with refs giving them a bullshit red card or penalty in champs league. And the way they gave up fourth goal is like Smalling ang Jones were their CBS!
07-05-2019, 09:34 PM
(17-04-2019 08:18 AM)Costas Wrote:  You know what depressed me even more? Not getting knocked out. It's the fact that some of our apologists are praising Messi and Barcelona's quality (and of course they are a good team).

In the next round, Liverpool will probably put them through the sword and that's when we will realize how behind we are. This Barcelona team can be dealt with by any good side. We are not even that right now.

Confused
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
07-05-2019, 09:41 PM
Of course I didn't bet any money. Unlike Papii, every time I bet on a game, I always lose.

I don't want to analyze what we saw. Too depressed to do so. I'll just say that *maybe* Liverpool winning the Champions League and City winning the domestic treble is the most fair way to reward both teams this season.
07-05-2019, 09:46 PM
(07-05-2019 09:09 PM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  
(07-05-2019 08:51 PM)Clint-TheyCallMePapii Wrote:  I won big today, bet on Liverpool to win the 2nd leg, the overall match and to keep a clean sheet.

How I envy them.

Begrudgingly you have to give them credit for the win. On the plus side I hate Barca too bc they have won sooo many times with refs giving them a bullshit red card or penalty in champs league. And the way they gave up fourth goal is like Smalling ang Jones were their CBS!

Steer clear of that mate, If it was the 90's I would have dabbled in it but after the 2007 crisis, no chance. Life or death that thing.

I keep winning bets this season its bittersweet. My bank balance gets bigger, fund holidays and luxury gifts etc but the sadness of my team being in the wilderness. NOTHING fills that depression.

I would give anything for that night in Moscow or that night RVP smashed home to claim the PL. Or to relive 1999.

We had our day. it might 20-30 years before we come back into the picture.
07-05-2019, 10:01 PM
(07-05-2019 09:41 PM)Costas Wrote:  Of course I didn't bet any money. Unlike Papii, every time I bet on a game, I always lose.

I don't want to analyze what we saw. Too depressed to do so. I'll just say that *maybe* Liverpool winning the Champions League and City winning the domestic treble is the most fair way to reward both teams this season.

Depressed. Maybe another 20 years in the wilderness may help this club for better.
It sure won't be deliberate though. That's a romantic idea I guess.

Woodward may just be here long enough to repeat history. Might even destroy the club, he's only 47 years old, the Glazer family are not dying anytime. They might just liquidate the clubs assets and run off into the sunset within the next 20 years.

The only way to deal with Liverpool/City is to challenge them and rise to their level. FAT CHANCE. I have more confidence in Wolves and Everton.
07-05-2019, 10:30 PM
(07-05-2019 09:46 PM)Clint-TheyCallMePapii Wrote:  
(07-05-2019 09:09 PM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  

How I envy them.

Steer clear of that mate, If it was the 90's I would have dabbled in it but after the 2007 crisis, no chance. Life or death that thing.

I keep winning bets this season its bittersweet. My bank balance gets bigger, fund holidays and luxury gifts etc but the sadness of my team being in the wilderness. NOTHING fills that depression.

I would give anything for that night in Moscow or that night RVP smashed home to claim the PL. Or to relive 1999.

We had our day. it might 20-30 years before we come back into the picture.

I’m 52, 20-30 years from now I’ll be happy if I have all my marbles and not crapping myself. Went on ROM and they are talking about boycotts and walking out too. Here’s hoping the resentment is building so that the fan base erupts to this shit show deadwood has created. Maybe Costas fairest results leads to enough resentment that some sort of change happens. Doubt it, but have to hope
07-05-2019, 10:41 PM
From Manchester Evening news about Mc Tominay. This paragraph blew me away. Kudos to the kid for his effort but the people he is compared to are the problem:

“McTominay scored his second United goal in as many months at Huddersfield and has been more prolific than Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Romelu Lukaku, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata and Alexis Sanchez combined in the last eight matches”
01-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Liverpool win the 6th European Cup.

Well Done to them. Sick to my stomach.

Disgraceful my football club is dead and buried, need to find a new hobby.
01-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Disgusting but in all likelihood, probably a better result for United in the transfer market for Spurs to bottle another competition than to finally have something to show off in the trophy case.

A travesty how the dippers got the initial goal though and it made the match boring as fuck to watch.
03-06-2019, 07:28 AM
For me it was a stonewall penalty. You raise your arm like that in that area like an idiot and you're asking for trouble. Sissoko has been a secret Liverpool agent this season.

Lousy final. The early goal took the steam out and Pochettino fucked it up even further by playing Kane. This was Spurs' one and only chance to win the Champions League and they found it more important to appease the greedy cunt than to play their best side. I felt horrible for Lucas Moura.

Anyway. One of our hated rivals wins the Champions League, our other hated rival sweeps every domestic trophy and Woodward still hasn't hired a DoF after 6 months. Buckle up because our own 30-year misery lies ahead.
03-06-2019, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2019 04:28 PM by @JC.)
(03-06-2019 07:28 AM)Costas Wrote:  For me it was a stonewall penalty. You raise your arm like that in that area like an idiot and you're asking for trouble. Sissoko has been a secret Liverpool agent this season.

Except it clearly hit his chest first and deflected into his arm, the call is not supposed to be made if it deflects off another body part into your arm. And it clearly wasn't a deliberate attempt to block the ball as he was gesturing to his other defender (I forget who atm) to cover the inside run which was why his arm was up and back and his finger was pointed back. IMO Mane intentionally kicked it at Sissoko's arm to try to con the penalty and it worked. Honestly I couldn't care less though, other than it made the next 89mins boring AF.
03-06-2019, 04:44 PM
(03-06-2019 04:27 PM)@JC Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 07:28 AM)Costas Wrote:  For me it was a stonewall penalty. You raise your arm like that in that area like an idiot and you're asking for trouble. Sissoko has been a secret Liverpool agent this season.

Except it clearly hit his chest first and deflected into his arm, the call is not supposed to be made if it deflects off another body part into your arm. And it clearly wasn't a deliberate attempt to block the ball as he was gesturing to his other defender (I forget who atm) to cover the inside run which was why his arm was up and back and his finger was pointed back. IMO Mane intentionally kicked it at Sissoko's arm to try to con the penalty and it worked. Honestly I couldn't care less though, other than it made the next 89mins boring AF.

Not to add to the misery but seeing reports Newcastle may be bought by another sheik who wants to win shiny stuff making it even harder. The future with Woodward and Glazers is not looking trophy laden. revenue yes, trophies not so much. Didnt watch match, thought it was sunday.Icon_cry
04-06-2019, 12:15 AM
Liverpool will win the PL next season and if Pep gets his way in the market, I'd back City for the CL.

I don't think United will finish top 6 next season, Ole will get sacked by November based on our track record and 6 years worth of evidence to suggest Woodward will do fuck all.
06-06-2019, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2019 08:46 PM by @JC.)
International VAR is the biggest joke I've ever seen. How Jessie's goal was ruled out 5 mins after play was restarted?? Ludicrous.

Also Pickford sucks, 1st that flub against Liverpool in the 96th minute and now this. Go back to the Championship poser.
07-06-2019, 03:43 PM
Did you see how VAR nearly robbed Portugal? Worst use of a good thing....they need to give these idiots a course for dummies.