[Matchday] [Premier League] Manchester Utd vs Chelsea (28/04/19)
27-04-2019, 01:40 PM
[Premier League] Manchester Utd vs Chelsea (28/04/19)
Old Trafford | Kick Off: 16:30

[Image: unitedchelsea.png]

Team News:
- Ole has backed De Gea to overcome his issue.
- Herrera could be fit to feature. Despite agreeing to join PSG yesterday.
- McTominay failed a fitness test before City and should be ready to return.
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2019, 02:12 PM
RE: [Premier League] Manchester Utd vs Chelsea (28/04/19)
Spurs lost again Icon_eek WTF IS THIS? nobody wants a CL spot and nobody can win a fucking game.

I would pick:

Romero
Dalot Smalling Lindelof Shaw
McTominay Fred Pogba
Lingard Alexis Rashford

But I can see Ole picking the usual bunch.

DDG, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw - Matic, Fred, Pogba - Lingard, Lukaku, Rashford

Subs: Romero, Dalot, Darmian, Herrera, Perreira, Martial, Alexis
27-04-2019, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2019 06:05 PM by Costas.)
It's still very difficult to finish in the top 4, even if we win tomorrow and Leicester beat Arsenal. We will still need favors going into the last 2 games.

Don't know who should play, to be honest. Maybe Ole will wise up and finally start McTominay. Other than that, any lineup we play tomorrow will be hopeless.

Honestly, I can't wait for the season to end so that I can detach myself from the club for a few months. I am tired of the shitty performances, I am tired of the embarassment, I am tired of plastics trying to convince me that Paul Pogba is the second coming of Jesus, I am tired of everything Manchester United period.
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
27-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Matic and Young shouldn't play the rest of the season. Brighton drew so they still have everything to play for against Arsenal later next weekend.
27-04-2019, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2019 07:56 PM by Clint-TheyCallMePapii.)
As I've said before, we'll finish 6th, however if repeated mediocrity strikes the other 3 clubs, maybe just maybe, we will finish 4th but our GD is horrifying to see.
We'd need to beat Chelsea and batter both of the last 2 teams we play in Hudderfield and Cardiff which is not impossible as both maybe relegated by then.

Spurs have Bournemouth (A) squeezed between CL semi's and Everton (H) before a potential CL final.

Arsenal have Leicester (A) tomorrow then relegation battlers Brighton (H) between Europa League semi's. Finally a Burnley (A) Before a potential Europa League final.

Chelsea is a must win for us. After the match, Chelsea have Watford (H) between Europa Semi's and Leicester (A) before a potential Europa Final with Arsenal.

Results could easily conspire to give us 4th spot, only if we win the remaining three. Nothing less. Even then nothing is certain. We need Chelsea to slip up twice and Arsenal to slip up twice. We need Spurs to slip up three times. No margin for error for us. One draw or loss and it's game over.

It's time to make senior players responsible and accountable. Their wages and futures are on the line and many within the club have ignored the lack of ability and professionalism of our senior players who are either delusional or ignorant of their responsibilities as senior players.

Regulars like Young (33), Matic (30), Smalling (29), De Gea (28.), Lingard (26), Pogba (26), Lukaku (25) are the most responsible culprits of the 1st team.
Players like Alexis (30, Jones (27), Fred (26), Lindelof (24), Shaw (23), Martial (23) are not kids. They too have to step up when they play.

Those 13 players are not youngsters. They are seasoned professionals by now. The Axe has to fall on those who do not perform. No matter the reputation or name.
In the cases of Valencia (33), Mata (30), Herrera (29) Darmian (29), Rojo (29), Bailly (25), they are written off as outgoing already. Only incompetence can retain anyone of those six.
27-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Based off my last post:

I'd pick the most senior players over the next 3 and threaten them with "Perform or leave".

DDG
Young Smalling Lindelof Shaw
Matic Pogba McTominay
Lingard Alexis Rashford

(Subs) Romero, Dalot, Jones, Fred,Perreira, Martial, Lukaku.
28-04-2019, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2019 05:55 AM by Costas.)
I think Herrera will start the next 3. I don't want to see him play for us again, but it does sound like something Ole would do. Maybe he thinks that a club legend like Herrera deserves a proper sendoff.

Anyway, it could all be for nothing. Regardless of yesterday's result, I can't see Spurs not finishing 3rd. They will probably bottle the Ajax tie as usual and then beat an indifferent Everton team to secure 3rd spot. We would have to win all 3 games in that scenario. Which is highly unlikely. We would have to start scoring goals, for one thing.

And of course there's always the looming scenario of Spurs and either Arsenal or Chelsea dropping out of the top 4 but winning their respective European trophies. Finishing 4th in that scenario would not be enough. And maybe this bunch of con artists deserves a cruel fate like that.
28-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Costas

Spurs would have fall out the top 4 and win the CL. No chance. That simultaneously with Ars/Chelsea winning the EL with us in 4th is highly unlikely.

Spurs will never win the CL, we won't finish 4th and Arsenal /Chelsea are likely to bottle Europa.
28-04-2019, 09:49 AM
I would love to see Herrera one last time but he's not a club legend. He had work ethic and gave 100% as expected. One of the few consistent performers who had to overcome alot of shit managers to get what's his.

He's up there with the likes of Saha, Chicha, Phil Neville etc. Gave 100%, limited but loved and left mid career.
28-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Papii, I was messing around, mate. He's nowhere near being a club legend. The sad thing is that some of our plastic fans treat him like one.
28-04-2019, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2019 12:55 PM by @JC.)
Le Arse drops to the mighty Leicester 3-0. Win and we have a great shot to finish in the Champions League spots. If these wankers can't get up for that for the final 3 games they don't deserve to wear the shirt.
28-04-2019, 01:30 PM
(28-04-2019 12:41 PM)@JC Wrote:  Le Arse drops to the mighty Leicester 3-0. Win and we have a great shot to finish in the Champions League spots. If these wankers can't get up for that for the final 3 games they don't deserve to wear the shirt.

Wankers or up for it? I vote wankers.

Watching Burnley play City while doing paperwork. My friend visited during feb and got me into Burnley as a secondary team to watch. Gotta say Burnley close down players quickly and are fighting for a result even though they are probably safe from the drop. How funny would it be if City pound us and drop points at Burnley? Personally I’d prefer they don’t repeat and Pep gets all whiny about it.
28-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Great lineup. Featuring 5 players who won't even be here next season.
28-04-2019, 02:35 PM
(28-04-2019 02:20 PM)Costas Wrote:  Great lineup. Featuring 5 players who won't even be here next season.

DDG Young Bailly LindelofShaw Herrera Matic Pogba Mata Lukaku Rashford

Used to be a good lineup. We will see if they actually turn up or are walking on eggshells. Must win match. Lose and season is done early (which might suit some players)
28-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Replace Romero and Smalling with De Gea and Bailly and this is the same team and formation that won at the Bridge 2 months ago. Of course we were a completely different animal at the time...

This lineup now reeks of desperation. Playing 3 greedy snakes who want to leave the club, playing Mata because it worked at SB, playing Matic ahead of McTominay for his supposed experience, playing Bailly in the hope that he will play well and we won't need to sign a CB in the summer (haven't we seen this act before...).
28-04-2019, 03:16 PM
At my daughter's swim meet and watching the match on my phone so no commentary today. She's already won 1 of her heats, so no matter what I've already seen 1 winner today. Wink
28-04-2019, 03:23 PM
NBC Sports advertised a special on 20th anniversary of treble. At least that will cheer me up. We look lively to start. Just need to learn how to handle the press besides going bckwards
28-04-2019, 03:29 PM
At long last a goal from open play! Brilliantly crafted as well.

Another assist from our player of the season.
28-04-2019, 03:34 PM
(28-04-2019 03:29 PM)Costas Wrote:  At long last a goal from open play! Brilliantly crafted as well.

Another assist from our player of the season.

527 minutes between open play goals. At least there is effort to close down attacks. Build up play is slow from both teams. Just hope these out of shape prima donnas aren’t too winded for the second half.
28-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Lukaku especially has been great today. A true tank. Pity Marcus hasn't stepped up as well.