[Champions League} Barcelona Vs. Manchester Utd (16/04/19) 2nd Leg
15-04-2019, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2019 03:47 PM by Clint-TheyCallMePapii.)
[Champions League} Barcelona Vs. Manchester Utd (16/04/19) 2nd Leg
Kick Off at 20:00 | Nou Camp | Quarter Final 2nd Leg (Agg 1-0)

[Image: D1sg1muXcAElQyA?format=jpg&name=small]

Team News:
- Alexis and Matic are back. Ole has hyped Alexis for his return to the Nou Camp.
- Shaw suspended. No Bailly or Herrera.
- Mason Greenwood left at home and Tahith Chong left at home.

Our 22-man travelling squad to Barcelona: David De Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant*, Diogo Dalot, Matteo Darmian*, Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Luke Shaw*, Fred, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial, Alexis Sanchez*, Romelu Lukaku, Marcus Rashford.

Predicted Matchday Squad:
De Gea, Dalot, Smalling, Lindelof,, Young, Fred, McTominay. Pogba, Lingard Lukaku, Rashford.

Subs: Romero, Rojo, Jones, Matic, Mata, Perreira,Martial

Opposition Report:
-Ousmane Demebele is expected to return the starting XI being the X factor.
- Rakitic and 2 others have recovered from small knocks. Barca rested 7 first team players for the game.

Predicted Squad:
Ter-Stegan, Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba, Busquets, Artur, Rakitc, Dembele, Messi, Suarez.

Subs: Cillessen,Sergi Roberto,Umiti,Alena,Vidal,Malolm, Coutinho,
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2019, 11:43 PM
RE: [Champions League} Barcelona Vs. Manchester Utd (16/04/19) 2nd Leg
(15-04-2019 10:33 AM)Costas Wrote:  Our travelling squad to Barcelona: David De Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant, Diogo Dalot, Matteo Darmian, Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Luke Shaw, Fred, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial, Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku, Marcus Rashford.

Obviously Grant, Shaw, Darmian and Sanchez will be left out. There were times this week when I wondered if Alexis can be motivated enough to make a difference against his former club (even as a sub), but he hasn't played in weeks. Put Rojo on the bench instead in case another full back gets injured.

Seeing Matic there worries me. I don't think he should start this game given his form since the Chelsea game. Even if Ole decides to play with 2 DMs.

Ole was hyping about Alexis for some odd reason Confused Maybe he's trying to surprise Barca by adding him to the squad .

I'd be concerned if Matic starts. right now he's a shite overgrown hairless Fellaini and if this club was not so fucked from the inside in the recruitment department, we would sell him for peanuts to Crystal Palace.

I expect a 3-1 Barca win. I expect us to go full tilt in the opening minutes for a quick equaliser.

We only have a chance if we score first. So from the 1st second , Manchester United need to throw the kitchen sink at Barca in search of the 1st goal then it's GAME ON.

Now that Ole's job is secure, he should be telling each player they are auditioning for their future with every appearance.
15-04-2019, 11:51 PM
(15-04-2019 11:43 PM)Clint-TheyCallMePapii Wrote:  
(15-04-2019 10:33 AM)Costas Wrote:  Our travelling squad to Barcelona: David De Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant, Diogo Dalot, Matteo Darmian, Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Luke Shaw, Fred, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial, Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku, Marcus Rashford.

Obviously Grant, Shaw, Darmian and Sanchez will be left out. There were times this week when I wondered if Alexis can be motivated enough to make a difference against his former club (even as a sub), but he hasn't played in weeks. Put Rojo on the bench instead in case another full back gets injured.

Seeing Matic there worries me. I don't think he should start this game given his form since the Chelsea game. Even if Ole decides to play with 2 DMs.

Ole was hyping about Alexis for some odd reason Confused Maybe he's trying to surprise Barca by adding him to the squad .

I'd be concerned if Matic starts. right now he's a shite overgrown hairless Fellaini and if this club was not so fucked from the inside in the recruitment department, we would sell him for peanuts to Crystal Palace.

I expect a 3-1 Barca win. I expect us to go full tilt in the opening minutes for a quick equaliser.

We only have a chance if we score first. So from the 1st second , Manchester United need to throw the kitchen sink at Barca in search of the 1st goal then it's GAME ON.

Now that Ole's job is secure, he should be telling each player they are auditioning for their future with every appearance.

We should be pressing and trying to score right from the start. The cynic in me that has watched the lazy effort over the patch of bad results thinks it won’t happen. That we will see the tentative nervous side of last few weeks.

I’m hoping Smalling pushes forward like the second half Saturday and creates problems early on. Was surprised to see him thread 2-3 pogba-esque passes deep upfield to create chances. Here’s hoping to another night like Paris!
16-04-2019, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2019 06:23 AM by Costas.)
Papii, I think Ole believes that Alexis can pull a goal out of his ass like he did at Arsenal because he's playing against his former club, he has a point to prove against them and whatnot. Angel It would be a great story to tell, but sadly football isn't so simple...

I am with Buffalo. Press high from the off and get them to make mistakes like PSG did. But in order for that to happen, we need players up front. You can't press high with 2 strikers while playing 5-3-2. My line up for tonight would be:

DDG - Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Dalot - McTominay, Fred, Pogba - Lingard - Rashford, Lukaku

That would be my line up, as an ambitious fan (LOL). This is probably the line up that Ole will play:

DDG - Young, Jones, Smalling, Lindelof, Dalot - McTominay, Fred, Pogba - Rashford, Lingard
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
16-04-2019, 11:25 AM
It's best to remember we are not the favourites, never was.
They are champions, they have Messi and Co. We are miles away from, City are closest to them in terms of sheer quality. They can hold possession for 80% of the game and there's fuck all we can do about it.

As long as I see spirit and resilience I'm happy because we clearly lack the skills and experience.
16-04-2019, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2019 12:24 PM by BuffaloRed.)
I’ll be at my daughters lacrosse game. Unless it rains enough it gets cancelled. So make sure you put up some comments as to what’s going on. If it’s just drizzling out maybe I can get away w watching from the car by the field and listen on satellite. Just have this feeling Ole has luck at nou camp. Hoping we pull an upset
16-04-2019, 04:02 PM
(16-04-2019 12:16 PM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  I’ll be at my daughters lacrosse game. Unless it rains enough it gets cancelled. So make sure you put up some comments as to what’s going on. If it’s just drizzling out maybe I can get away w watching from the car by the field and listen on satellite. Just have this feeling Ole has luck at nou camp. Hoping we pull an upset

Ha you have a life ! Icon_lol I'll be at my impartial best which is frustrated,angry, abusive and rambling before the 15th minute.
16-04-2019, 05:26 PM
(16-04-2019 04:02 PM)Clint-TheyCallMePapii Wrote:  Icon_lol I'll be at my impartial best which is frustrated,angry, abusive and rambling before the 15th minute.

We wouldn't have it any other way... Heart
16-04-2019, 05:36 PM
DDG - Jones, Smalling, Lindelof, Young - McTom, Fred, Pogba - Lingard, Rashford, Martial

Ole is going for it!
16-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Bench: Romero, Dalot, Andreas, Matic, Mata, Alexis, Lukaku
16-04-2019, 05:40 PM
Jones hasn't played as a right back in 5 years. So that one is a bit iffy, but at least it will make our rotation more flexible. He could become a 3rd CB while Lingard becomes the right wing back.

But that wouldn't vbe my preference, to be honest. I want Lingard playing high up the pitch and putting pressure on Busquets.
16-04-2019, 05:48 PM
What are they up to? Icon_cool

[Image: D4SwSo1WsAMuIce.jpg]
16-04-2019, 06:04 PM
I want Lindelof at Right Back tbh.

I don't approve of the 11 because we are not favorites and we are missing a few players.

Hopefully we can snatch 1 goal and it's a uncomfortable night for Barca.

CMON LADS!!!
16-04-2019, 06:06 PM
ARISE SIR SCOTT MCTOMINAY !!!!!
16-04-2019, 06:08 PM
[Image: fb77a861-dda7-4cb8-8980-80c818f3961c.png][Image: 7f48cde2-cfd7-46df-81d5-0628ab7b78e7.png]
16-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Papii, maybe we all have it wrong and it will be Linde at right back. He's more mobile than Jones anyway. I just hope we don't end up playing with 5-3-2 and sitting deep again.

We need our major players to step up here. We can't afford to have Pogba and Martial as passengers again. And Marcus must take his chances this time.
16-04-2019, 06:28 PM
(16-04-2019 06:21 PM)Costas Wrote:  Papii, maybe we all have it wrong and it will be Linde at right back. He's more mobile than Jones anyway. I just hope we don't end up playing with 5-3-2 and sitting deep again.

We need our major players to step up here. We can't afford to have Pogba and Martial as passengers again. And Marcus must take his chances this time.

Lindelof is the younger, more talented, more mobile player who prefers the right side to maraude forward. I would pray it's him.
Costas I think we will throw the sink at them early on for that early goal.

But if we are not pragmatic we could be 3-0 down at Half Time.
or
We could be 1-1 if we play smart and conservatively.

I think Ole will go for the approach that keeps United in the game the longest rather than the approach that sees United go forward with wreckless abandonment in search for the vital away goal and risk a 3-4 goal margin.

Either way I don't care, I just want to see us give 100% and do the football club some justice.

The spirit is what United is famous for. Never say die attitude.
16-04-2019, 06:32 PM
Ole just said - we are stronger in a open game than a cagey game.

I think he's gonna go forward with wreckless abandonment . He said no back 5.

Rio hopes not ! Said he hopes its mind games for Barca who maybe listening and its cagey safe game.
16-04-2019, 06:48 PM
Fucking hell Marcus! Finish better!
16-04-2019, 06:49 PM
GOD DAMNIT!!!!!! that was the chance! Rashford should have scored... off the damn crossbar!