Old Trafford growing old?
07-04-2019, 09:58 AM
Old Trafford growing old?
This topic has been bugging me since Spurs opened their new ground. It seems like our ground has been neglected for years now. Just further illustrating that all the Glazers care about is profit.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blo...-spotlight
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2019, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2019 02:27 PM by Clint-TheyCallMePapii.)
RE: Old Trafford growing old?
Costas - Ignore the Spurs Stadium.

When Boxing promoter Frank Warren was asked if Tyson Fury could fight in front of home crowd at Old Trafford rather than Emirates Stadium, his reply was that Old Trafford was a shithole that is not built for purpose like Wembley and Emirates.

Fair enough. We have a traditional football stadium. I've been to OT. It's old and outdated but it oozes history,class, tradition and heritage. I wish I went there before the renovations in the 90's though.

United have no plans no nothing. We are a corporate club but the venue is dated. It's typical the Glazers are killing the club for all its money but to create more money you have to spend and that is the threshold for their investment in the club. They will never spend a penny to make a pound here. NEVER.

Disabled fans are treated horribly but worst of all the majority fan base has been treated like criminals for singing,chanting and supporting the club. It's changing recently, improved relations in 2018-19 but for 18 years there was a zero tolerance policy on fans supporting their club.

Why do United have no plans for the stadium?

DEBT. We already have £500m debt and the owners don't have a penny of their own money to finance a deal to spend the required amounts for a rebuild or renovation. We cannot even afford a expansion without killing the football teams summer spending.

I pray for the day we get Arab investment, 100% they would love the club and treat it as it deserves to be treated and they have nothing to gain from our success. Politically it furthers theirs relations but what does Politics have to do with kicking a ball on the pitch.

Fuck All.

COME ON YOU ARABS !
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2019, 02:17 PM
RE: Old Trafford growing old?
[Image: Stretford_end_1992.JPG]

[Image: general-view-of-the-souvenir-shop-and-ti...=2048x2048]

[Image: $]