Poll: Deal Or No Deal?
Show them the money!
Cash In - Money In the Bank !
[Show Results]

Deal or No Deal? Woodward Vs De Gea,Pogba & Herrera
01-04-2019, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2019 05:33 PM by Clint-TheyCallMePapii.)
Deal or No Deal? Woodward Vs De Gea,Pogba & Herrera
So De Gea apparently wants £350k a week . PSG has shown an legit interest.
Pogba wants to go to Madrid in 2020. Zidane has began the seduction.
Herrera wants 200k a week. PSG has offered him £170K.

What do we do?

Cash in?
De Gea for £60m OR let him go for free.
Sell Pogba for £180m after Euro 2020?
Lose Herrera for Free ?

Keep them
Offer De Gea £350k wages he wants.
Give Pogba £400k to match the highest earners.
Give Herrera £200K a week.
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2019, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2019 05:43 PM by Costas.)
RE: Keep the stars or Cash In on the muppets.
If Duncan Castles is to be believed, Herrera is gone. He has already signed with PSG. While I don't think he should get 200k/week at 29, the manner it has happened is another black mark on Woodward. The only reason Herrera is demanding so much is because we are paying the Chilean flop 400k/week. On top of that, Woodward just let this situation wind down. He got no commitment from Herrera (even an extra year or something) and now we are losing him for free. A player we paid 25+ million for.

It also pisses me off because when it comes to offloading dead weight, Herrera isn't one of them. We need him as one of our options while we strengthen even further. And somehow, before strengthening the team, we've weakened it even further. Now we have to buy another midfielder because the situation isn't as simple as "Andreas or Fred will replace him". They can't. And add to all this the fact that Matic can't be our regular DM any more.

Anyway, the scenario of keeping all 3 has already gone out the window. As far as De Gea goes, keep him at all costs. But as far as Pogba goes, I would only sell him to Madrid if they gave us Casemiro and Varane in return. If not, then I say keep him and surround him with 2 midfielders who can get the best out of him.

One thing's for sure. We'll need more new players than we thought.
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
01-04-2019, 05:59 PM
RE: Deal or No Deal? Woodward Vs De Gea,Pogba & Herrera
(01-04-2019 05:42 PM)Costas Wrote:  Now we have to buy another midfielder because the situation isn't as simple as "Andreas or Fred will replace him". They can't. And add to all this the fact that Matic can't be our regular DM any more.

To be fair, we haven't heard from Ole yet and maybe he thinks they can?
01-04-2019, 06:42 PM
(01-04-2019 05:59 PM)@JC Wrote:  
(01-04-2019 05:42 PM)Costas Wrote:  Now we have to buy another midfielder because the situation isn't as simple as "Andreas or Fred will replace him". They can't. And add to all this the fact that Matic can't be our regular DM any more.

To be fair, we haven't heard from Ole yet and maybe he thinks they can?

I know. I was just going by what I see from fans on social media. Don't know what Ole is thinking, but if his coaching is any indication, he would only use Fred as a last resort. Andreas has been used as an anti-Herrera, but he thrives more as a #10 because his defensive game is abject. Herrera's "dirty" work is one of the most crucial parts of his game.

I really hope the answer to the Herrera loss won't be one of these two (though it wouldn't hurt to keep them as alternatives).
03-04-2019, 01:56 PM
anders has gone
pogba can go for new world record fee

keep degea at all costs
TonyBee.....the enigma....and well known grumpy bollocks...

Angel one of MG's friends Angel
03-04-2019, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2019 04:09 PM by Clint-TheyCallMePapii.)
Let them go. If they want to leave.
If Woodward can do his job he would sign 3 world class replacements.

Giving Alexis 400k was wrong but 2,3,4 wrongs don't make a right.

Oblak, Rabiot, Fekir. Boom done.
If he can't manage that Donnarumma, Saul Niguez and Bruno Fernandes. BOOM SORTED!

Farewell to whoever wants out.
03-04-2019, 04:34 PM
I understand the conundrum because this team needed an overhaul anyway and now we are talking about losing 3 of our key players. But what option is there? Giving in to their demands until we blow our wage structure sky high? The only one who deserved this treatment was Cristiano Ronaldo (whom we let go very easily instead of bumping his wages). Ronaldo was 24 at the time and the best player in the world. In contrast, Pogba is a 26-year old inconsistent diva and De Gea has reached the late 20s crisis that goalkeepers often reach. For 6 years we've done exactly what Fergie didn't want: Make money the main reason for players wanting to be here. It has to end.

Pogba is offering us an opportunity as well. We can use him as leverage to get 1-2 players from Madrid. Like Varane and Casemiro.
03-04-2019, 11:10 PM
I don't want any Madrid players mate. They have won 4 champions leagues. Their players lack desire. Also Real Madrid players have the best facilities. They are treated like the Queen of England or to put better they all live the lifestyle of Tony Stark and have access to amazing facilities.

United is a shithole compared, Barca is a shithole compared, only Bayern and City have those kinds of amazing facilities.

All the Real Madrid players are untouchables. Especially the likes of Varane etc their career is complete. they have run dry of desire.