LVG sheds light on the commercial priorities [BBC]
26-03-2019, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2019 12:57 AM by Clint-TheyCallMePapii.)
LVG sheds light on the commercial priorities [BBC]
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47704834

In the aftermath of Mourinho's exit, United sources stated clearly the appointment of a technical director was on the agenda, in addition to a new manager.

At present, nothing has changed from Van Gaal's time, with Woodward in overall charge and Matt Judge, who has a masters degree in economics and finance and 13 years' experience in investment banking, negotiating fees and contracts. United are adamant their priority is the football side and success on pitch is the objective for everyone at the club. Van Gaal does not agree.

"At the moment there is a structure with a scouting division and above that is someone at Woodward's right hand. The structure is not so bad but the right hand has to be a technical director with a football view, not somebody with a banker's role," Van Gaal says.

"Unfortunately, we are talking about a commercial club, not a football club. I spoke to Ferguson about this and in his last years, he also had problems with it."
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2019, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2019 01:14 AM by Clint-TheyCallMePapii.)
RE: LVG sheds light on the plastic priorities.[BBC]
LVG talks alot of shite, he's got a vendetta against Ole but he wasn't lying about the clubs rotten core.

As a I understand, Ed Woodward and Matt judge have a tight grip on the club. The whole DOF speculation was used as leverage to gain fan support and push Jose Mourinho out the door with fans playing the role as the baying mob begging for wholesale changes only to be lulled in to a false sense of security. Ole will get the job and paid peanuts and be given a very small budget and similar signings to Grant, Fred and Dalot. Supporters expect Ole to be given some backing but that is dependent on if we make top. If we don't make top 4, we will splash £150m to get back in and if we make top 4, 100% Ole will be given around half that amount, around £70m-80m. The stadium won't be renovated, the football staff will have to endure a difficult and tiring summer tour of USA from East Coast to West Coast and we will be in a position where De Gea, Pogba, Herrera and Rashford are being forced out by lack of ambition, derisory terms and amateur handling of the negotiation process.

Woodward with the advice of Judge are happy to let managers drown in the deep end. Any promising manager would be intelligent to avoid this graveyard of ambition. It's a corporate goldmine but a footballing cemetery. Where Careers arrive to be buried. Where dying managers come to be put to rest.

Like it or not, the club is a poisoned chalice. It's rotten to the core. Right now I support Ole and have massive sympathy for him because unlike Moyes,LVG and Maureen he isn't a grade A cunt and deserves a supportive CEO and a proper hierarchy of scouts and footballing men.

Fergie and Gill have tried to be more involved after initially abandoning the club to the hands of Woodward & Co, but the damage is irreversible. Fergie and Gill should be actively looking to be middle men between a Glazer sale and another party. However they believe if Ole can sort out the football in the field it may paper over the cracks like they did from 2006-13.

The club needs new owners, I'll take Saudi owners, they can kill who they like, as long as they keep Manchester United alive.
27-03-2019, 03:31 PM
RE: LVG sheds light on the commercial priorities [BBC]
Honestly, as a United fan who over the last 6 years has witnessed the club piss away 500 million only for us to get sucked into mediocrity, the last thing I want to see is the main culprits of this demise coming out and whining about how they were wronged. This goes for Mourinho and this goes for Van Gaal.

Both of them can fuck right off. I don't need them telling me that Woodward is unfit for his role. I can see for myself. At the same time, they can't hide behind Woodward. Because for all his failings, Woodward did one thing right: He bought them the players they wanted (the only exception was Toby in Mourinho's last summer) and backed them with hundreds of millions. And then they went on to do fuck all. That's on them. Not Woodard. They think they can rewrite their history by blaming everything on Woodward and mocking Scholes' flopping at Oldham (as if that makes his criticisms less valid)? They should wind their necks in.

Anyway, Van Gaal and Mourinho are the past. They can stick to doing punditry and being drunks for all I care. What worries me now is that Mourinho was fucked off 3.5 months ago, we were promised a DoF and we are still nowhere near hiring one. Who is planning the Asia-Australia tour? Woodward again? And then a DoF is going to come in at the 11th hour to do what exactly? Plan for a team that already has a set manager, a set group of players and an already organized pre season tour? Ole will do better than Van Gaal and Mourinho, but he's no miracle worker. He can't keep this team winning forever just by being positive. Our competitors are fighting with tanks and bazookas and we a re fighting with unicorns and rainbows.
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
27-03-2019, 04:53 PM
(27-03-2019 03:31 PM)Costas Wrote:  Our competitors are fighting with tanks and bazookas and we are fighting with unicorns and rainbows.

Epic quote... All Hail Cyril!
27-03-2019, 05:31 PM
(27-03-2019 04:53 PM)@JC Wrote:  
(27-03-2019 03:31 PM)Costas Wrote:  Our competitors are fighting with tanks and bazookas and we are fighting with unicorns and rainbows.

Icon_lol I imagined Space jam....
27-03-2019, 06:15 PM
(27-03-2019 05:31 PM)Clint-TheyCallMePapii Wrote:  
(27-03-2019 04:53 PM)@JC Wrote:  

Icon_lol I imagined Space jam....

Taz looks like a better CB than Smalling. Angel
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]