[Matchday] [FA Cup 6th round] Wolves vs, Manchester Utd (16/03/19)
14-03-2019, 11:11 PM
[FA Cup 6th round] Wolves vs, Manchester Utd (16/03/19)
FA Cup | Quarter Final Round | Kick Off:19:55 | Molyneux Stadium

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs2X1HkzgRdYLr8ruZIo1...sxQM-a6G6x]

Team News:
- Lukaku rumored to be injured with foot issue.
- Greenwood is rumored to be sick.
- Mata and Lingard ruled out.
- Young suspended.
- Romero set to be rotated into the team.

International football follows this FA Cup round.
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2019, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2019 11:20 PM by Clint-TheyCallMePapii.)
RE: [FA Cup 6th round] Wolves vs, Manchester Utd (16/03/19)
My team would be:

Romero
Dalot Smalling Lindelof Shaw
Pogba Herrera Fred
Chong Rashford Martial

(Subs) De Gea, Bailly, Rojo, Matic, McTominay, Perreira, Gomes
16-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Waiting for confirmation but I just saw somewhere that this is our starting lineup:

Romero - Dalot, Smalling, Lindelöf, Shaw - Matić, Herrera, Pogba - Lingard, Rashford, Martial
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
16-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Wolverhampton Wanderers team
Starting XI: Ruddy, Doherty, Saiss, Coady ©, Boly, Otto, Dendoncker, Neves, Moutinho, Raul, Jota
Subs: Norris, Bennett, Cavalleiro, Costa, Gibbs-White, Vinagre, Adama

Manchester United team
Starting XI: Romero, Dalot, Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw, Herrera, Matic, Pogba ©, Lingard, Rashford, Martial
Subs: De Gea, Jones, Rojo, Andreas, Fred, McTominay, Mata
16-03-2019, 06:47 PM
I thought the FA Cup had VAR? City just got awarded a horrendously bad penalty to tie the match after being down 2-0. Complete bullshit call from Mariner.
16-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Fred probably deserved to play ahead of Matic. Ole could have improved the lads confidence and belief in himself by having the managers trust.

I really wanted to see Chong too.

Good strong team before the international break.

United need to challenge for everything. No such thing as priority at a big club. Complacency is a disease and doesn't need watering when we need to be more ambitious.
16-03-2019, 06:55 PM
It is probably our strongest lineup if you replace Romero with DDG.

But I don't like the message it sends to the likes of Fred, Pereira and McTominay: "You are only good enough to start if the first 3 midfielders are injured". When our schedule becomes very heavy next month, it would be wise not to rely on Herrera, Matic and Pogba in every game. That's what got us in trouble with all these injuries in the first place.
16-03-2019, 06:56 PM
And now Aguero puts City ahead from a blatantly obvious offside goal. This is a disgrace.
16-03-2019, 06:57 PM
Now City score an offside goal.

VAR goes to sleep when they're playing. What a fucking joke.
16-03-2019, 06:59 PM
Apparently VAR is applied to a select number of games, from what I just read. When City are playing, it won't be applied so that they can cheat to win.
16-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Even I could win the Quadruple with cup draws and officiating like that. Wankers.
16-03-2019, 07:04 PM
(16-03-2019 06:57 PM)Costas Wrote:  Now City score an offside goal.

I saw it was 2-0 w City down. Told my daughter, they’ll win somehow with some dodgy calls. Not to start an argument, but English refs are consistently terrible. From giving three yellows in a World Cup to the same player, to letting Joe Hart headbutt you to just not making the right calls. With all the money the premier league makes, its either they don’t care or intentional for the benefit of the top teams. Either way it’s sort of ridiculous. I just hope Lori Laughlin didn’t bribe the ref for City...
16-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Andre Mariner should be suspended indefinitely for that disgraceful refereeing performance. Either completely incompetent or bent, you choose.
16-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Now on to our match, I like the lineup. Best 10 outfield players and arguably our best 11 if you go on current form with the crap goals De Gea's given up over the past few weeks.
16-03-2019, 07:07 PM
VAR is used to correctly in the CL but it has been used badly by spineless officials who are too incompetent for a high level game.

Uefa want VAR in practice so they execute it well.
Other organisations that don't want it are disingenuous by surrounding it in a shroud of mystery and confusion.

VAR is great when used by the competent organisations.
16-03-2019, 07:10 PM
(16-03-2019 07:04 PM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  
(16-03-2019 06:57 PM)Costas Wrote:  Now City score an offside goal.

I saw it was 2-0 w City down. Told my daughter, they’ll win somehow with some dodgy calls. Not to start an argument, but English refs are consistently terrible. From giving three yellows in a World Cup to the same player, to letting Joe Hart headbutt you to just not making the right calls. With all the money the premier league makes, its either they don’t care or intentional for the benefit of the top teams. Either way it’s sort of ridiculous. I just hope Lori Laughlin didn’t bribe the ref for City...

Nah, it was Felicity Huffman! Blush

They are terrible, no arguement there. But some questions need to be answered. Like why VAR was exempt from this game. We have the most expensive team in Europe against a Championship side. Surely VAR is needed in this game to make sure the little side gets a fair shake?
16-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Anyway, now you lot see why I am starting to prefer Liverpool as champions. It's not just the prospect of the cunts winning the Quadruple. It's the manner they're going about it.
16-03-2019, 07:14 PM
The worst part is there's no repercussions for the refs who keep making these blunders. Mariner just cost Swansea a spot in the semis with those 2 calls, huge money and a chance at a trophy riding on it for them and snuffed out just like that. There has to be something done to suspend or demote to reffing the next lower league for a month or something when they flub up that bad.
16-03-2019, 07:21 PM
(16-03-2019 07:14 PM)@JC Wrote:  The worst part is there's no repercussions for the refs who keep making these blunders. Mariner just cost Swansea a spot in the semis with those 2 calls, huge money and a chance at a trophy riding on it for them and snuffed out just like that. There has to be something done to suspend or demote to reffing the next lower league for a month or something when they flub up that bad.

True, but do you think we will get the benefit of the ref today? Idk, sometimes we get bad calls against us and sometimes for us. I think they are just not up to the task not bent. So you are always at the whim of refs.

I do think this is our best lineup until DDG fixes whatever is affecting him. Having said that, this is no slouch team we are facing at their own stadium. Let’s hope Ole brings that SAF trait of rebounding after a loss with a good performance from the start.
16-03-2019, 07:25 PM
Oddly enough, I feel Lukaku may be a miss in this game. It's the kind he thrives in and I'm not sure Jesse is needed (how great it would have been if the fixtures were reversed and we had Jesse available for Arsenal...).