[Champions League Preview} PSG Scouting Report
04-02-2019, 01:33 AM
[Champions League Preview} PSG Scouting Report
Here's my thoughts:
Saw Lyon v PSG earlier today, here's the highlights: https://www.yoursoccerdose.com/2019/02/0...ighlights/

Lyon won 2-1.

PSG fielded their strongest 11, Neymar is out injured of both legs.

- Areola -
- Kehrer, Thiago Silva, Kimpembe, Bernat -
- Dani Alves. Marquinhos, Draxler -
- Di Maria, Cavani, Mbappe -

They have other top players like Buffon, Meunier, Kurzawa, Verratti & Paredes who were not involved.

My Scout report based on this game and previous knowledge is:

Areola - Decent keeper, erratic but can pull off worldies.
Kehrer - An expensive summer signing. Big potential but little known about the kid.
Silva - Poor defender, David Luiz standard player, clumsy like the United bunch of misfit defenders.
Kimpembe - World class potential.
Bernat - Your standard good left back, suspect defensive but his strengths are attacking. The polar opposite of Luke Shaw, reliable in attack, limited defensively.
Alves - Old but has the skills to hold his own in midfield with bags of experience.
Draxler - A #10 playing in central midfield. He's also a winger similar to the likes of Giggs with bags of talent and similar to Kevin De Bruyne in the middle. He's lost his way but a top german prospect who would fetch a big fee.
Marquinhos - A small centre back, limited right back, stop-gap defensive midfielder. He can play ball but nothing special.
Di Maria - Still a big danger man, clinical in the final 3rd, lazy like Ozil in his defensive duties but remains a ghost that can haunt us. This snake can slither through a naive + exhausted Luke Shaw.
Cavani - One of the best forward and link up men in European football. Prolific, hard-working, intelligent and plays with passion. Bottles the odd big game,similar to Suarez.
Mbappe - Just turned 20, World Cup winner and star. He's a bigger talent than Rooney and Ronaldo at the same age. He's the nightmare 2nd coming of the Brazliian Ronaldo. He'll cut through the right hand side like hot knife on butter. Devastating pace, a first touch that beats 2-3 men. The most dangerous footballer on the planet.

Buffon - A declining veteran.
Meunier -A quality right back, a United fan and should be a target in the summer, marginalized to the fringes but can play midfield too.
Kurzawa - An attacking left back, talented but failed to live up to expectations of being the next Evra.
Verratti - Returning from injury, a player with Modric like potential but issues with discipline and mentality. Race to be fit for the 1st leg.
Paredes - A new midfield signing out of desperation. Cost £40m in January and has potential to be decent.

PSG are firm favorites but injuries has derailed their confidence and they face heavy scrutiny if they fail to overcome Man Utd .
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2019, 08:55 AM
RE: [Champions League Preview} PSG Scouting Report
Thanks scout Papii. Icon_cool I don't get why Touchel doesn't switch ADM and Draxler positions. I think Draxler is better suited as a 4-3-3 winger whereas DiMaria loves playing as a 4-3-3 midfielder.

Said it the other day, but I am not fussed about Neymar missing the 2 games. IMO Mbappe and Cavani are the bigger dangers for us. For 2 reasons: Mbappe with his lethal pace will be pitted against Ashley Young and Cavani is very strong in the air and our CBs can't head a ball to save their lives. I mean, who do we even have as Lindelof's partner in that game? Cavani will eat Jones alive. Smalling will be too rusty. Bailly potentially can cope with him, but he can also be an idiot on the pitch and cost us dearly.

Hope Buffon plays next week. I would love to see him play at Old Trafford one last time.
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
08-02-2019, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2019 10:57 AM by TheCANTONA.)
Suprised you dont rate Marquinhos Papii, i thought you wanted us to sign him back then? Big Grin
Neymar is out but somehow i got a feeling that ratboy di maria is going to score goal against us.
"I am not a man. I am Cantona"
08-02-2019, 02:09 PM
(08-02-2019 10:56 AM)TheCANTONA Wrote:  Suprised you dont rate Marquinhos Papii, i thought you wanted us to sign him back then? Big Grin
Neymar is out but somehow i got a feeling that ratboy di maria is going to score goal against us.

A decent option 2-3 years back,not now.
I wanted him to replace the likes of Jones, Smalling, fat chance now, those two will outlast actual club legends like Keano, Rooney and Ferdinand.

He's playing midfield these days as emergency cover. so Marquinhos stock has fallen very far. He's still young and can play ball but he's PSG deadwood now and he's rejected us one too many times. Midfield is not going to be position I want him at this club for anyways. We can do better at right back,centre back and midfielder than this bloke.
08-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Tbh i never get the hype about marquinhos at all, hes too small & skinny for a CB, hasnt really being tested in tougher league. He was like what? 1 decent season with Roma and then suddenly worthed 45 mil euros? He'd get eaten alive if he ever played in PL.
08-02-2019, 04:47 PM
(08-02-2019 04:20 PM)TheCANTONA Wrote:  Tbh i never get the hype about marquinhos at all, hes too small & skinny for a CB, hasnt really being tested in tougher league. He was like what? 1 decent season with Roma and then suddenly worthed 45 mil euros? He'd get eaten alive if he ever played in PL.

When you have Phil Jones anything seems promising .
08-02-2019, 10:10 PM
(08-02-2019 04:47 PM)Clint-TheyCallMePapii Wrote:  
(08-02-2019 04:20 PM)TheCANTONA Wrote:  Tbh i never get the hype about marquinhos at all, hes too small & skinny for a CB, hasnt really being tested in tougher league. He was like what? 1 decent season with Roma and then suddenly worthed 45 mil euros? He'd get eaten alive if he ever played in PL.

When you have Phil Jones anything seems promising .

Please dont remind me of phil jones. I was physically ill when i heard the news he's got a new contract this morning.
09-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Update:

Marco Veratti is fit and will start against United. He played 59' minutes today.
Cavani picked an injury, race to be passed fit for the game.

PSG vs Bordeaux today. They laboured to a 1-0 win.
PSG have rested and rotated. Notably M'bappe, Di Maria , Draxler, Bernat. While others such as Marquinhos & Kehrer have been rotated to give game time to Meunier & Dani Alves who could start against us too.

Sidenote; I've noticed they have a really promising winger called Moussa Diaby who looks a handful.
Chupo-Moting seems like a bench options too, the manager trusts this bloke to do the grafting. If Cavani isn't fit for the game, we can expect Choupa-Moting and once upon a time, he battered Phil Jones playing for Stoke in a 2-2 draw. He was Man of the Match that day.

My predicted PSG side:

Buffon - Kehrer, Thiago Silva. Kimpembe, Bernat - Verratti, Marquinhos, Alves - Di Maria, Choupo-Moting, M'bappe
With players like Meunier,Draxler, Kurzawa, Paredes, Diaby, Nkunku, Areola on the bench.