Anybody could have done Ole's job after Maureen?
27-01-2019, 12:01 AM
Anybody could have done Ole's job after Maureen?
I see this nonsense being spouted by Paul Ince and alot of ABU pundits.

Just imagine we appointed a boring bloke like Phil Neville !

These ABU's try to discredit a good bloke like Ole as if he stands for nothing and is just a vessel leading the club out the darkness.

Just imagine the job went to Mark Hughes or even Steve Bruce? Brucey is a great bloke but he's not Premier League proven, could you imagine we gave the job to bloody Roy Keane?

Ole from day 1 he got the coach role because:
- He's one of the most loved, iconic ex players managing in professional football at present.
- He's managed the youth at the club before and has a rapport with players,staff and non playing staff.
- He is a breath of fresh air, young, well spoken, positive and decent human being.
- He's an attack minded manager who comes with great references.

These are qualities that Ryan Giggs does not possess, these are qualities Pochettino does not possess. His credentials set him apart. He may have been appointed in good faith but whoever made the recommendation clearly understands the club inside out.

The culprits are Sir Alex Ferguson or perhaps David Gill who were most definitely consulted before sacking Maureen.
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2019, 06:19 PM
RE: Anybody could have done Ole's job after Maureen?
And Poch gets knocked out of the FA Cup by Palace, 2-0. No silverware this season... Again.
28-01-2019, 03:35 PM
(27-01-2019 06:19 PM)@JC Wrote:  And Poch gets knocked out of the FA Cup by Palace, 2-0. No silverware this season... Again.

They were talking on satellite radio that Poch said they don’t need to win trophies to be successful. What?!
28-01-2019, 07:04 PM
(28-01-2019 03:35 PM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  
(27-01-2019 06:19 PM)@JC Wrote:  And Poch gets knocked out of the FA Cup by Palace, 2-0. No silverware this season... Again.

They were talking on satellite radio that Poch said they don’t need to win trophies to be successful. What?!

It's all about ambition and mentality isn't it. Spurs,Everton etc don't demand it, clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool need to win cups to keep the mob at bay.
City are a plastic club while United is the biggest club.

Looking at the last 5 winners of domestic cups:
Carabao Cup: City,Utd,City,Chelsea,City.
FA Cup: Chelsea,Arsenal,Utd,Arsenal,Arsenal.

Close analysis would suggest, clubs with depth and quality can only win the League cup as it coincides with the PL,CL and FA Cup and only big squad can juggle the rotation.
The clubs that tend to win the FA Cup either have very little to challenge for during the bulk of the season (Chelsea 5th place, Arsenal 5th place, United 5th place, Arsenal 3rd, Arsenal 4th). By March, these club tend to have little to focus on and go full pelt at the FA Cup.

Based on these patterns alone, City should win the Carabao with their squad. While Chelsea and United are best equipped for the FA Cup. But with United drawing PSG and likely to lose at the round of 16 and quarters and Chelsea in the Europa League facing teams like Malmo. United are the outright favorites for the FA Cup.

Spurs have excuses: no money, injuries, no squad depth since day 1 and no expectation or demand to win cups.
Poch could have all the ambition of Fergie but both hands are tied when you have players like Llorente, Lamela, Lucas Moura & Nkoudou while other clubs boasts benches worth £100m-200m in attacking subs alone.

Poch is being doubted before he even gets the big job, it only means that this job is Ole's to lose. A great position for Woodward, but expensive given Poch's contract.
28-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Chelsea away. Jesus Christ, could these draws be any more rigged?
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
28-01-2019, 07:49 PM
(28-01-2019 07:22 PM)Costas Wrote:  Chelsea away. Jesus Christ, could these draws be any more rigged?

I just saw that. Wtf two top six teams and we are away while City get lucky and draw a weaker team. Wonder if they don’t want City to fall behind pool and keep title race exciting.

Well we should have beaten them there last except for a last minute panic attack. Maybe this time is the chance for a win at Stamford Bridge
28-01-2019, 08:59 PM
If anyone can win at the Bridge, it's Ole!
28-01-2019, 09:45 PM
It just pisses me off how this early in the tournament we get drawn with top 6 opposition and both times away from home! Similar to 2011-12 when we were drawn at City and at Liverpool in the first 2 rounds. The only positive is that Chelsea will travel to Swedenn 3 days before this game.

I hope we do beat them because we are long overdue some wins at the Bridge, but it won't be easy. Just look at the fixture pileup that awaits us im February and March:

Feb 9: Fulham (away)
Feb 12: PSG (home)
Feb 17: Chelsea (away)
Feb 24: Liverpool (home)
Feb 27: Palace (away)
Mar 2: Southampton (home)
Mar 6: PSG (away)
Mar 10: Arsenal (away)
Mar 16: City (home)

9 games in 35 games. I hope Ole and the squad will be up to the task.
28-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Hopefully Jones won't be playing this time and we know Ole will have a go at them, so they won't be winning 1-0 on a cheap penalty... Stir
29-01-2019, 07:12 AM
I'm happy with the draw, I want Ole to face every challenge a permanent manager faces.

Also this is amazing for fringe players to prove themselves.

I want to see how players like Lukaku, Alexis, Mata, Fred, Perreira, Smalling, Jones, Bailly cope when called upon.

Hey it may be a chance to see what Fellaini and Valencia offer, then there's Rojo and Darmian. Dalot needs the game time.

We have the squad, we just need to trust them. Then we can comfortably ship out the weak players.

Alot of players are playing for contract deals. So it's now or never for them. Woodward would be fool not to wait until April/May to make a final decision on contract renewals.

I can't wait for this matches.
29-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Clint, where's the matchday thread??
01-02-2019, 10:07 PM
(28-01-2019 07:22 PM)Costas Wrote:  Chelsea away. Jesus Christ, could these draws be any more rigged?

chelsea arent that good this season. heck we couldve managed a win there under Jose if that twat of a ref mike dean blew his whistle off exactly at 6th minute of added time.
"I am not a man. I am Cantona"
02-02-2019, 12:28 AM
(01-02-2019 10:07 PM)TheCANTONA Wrote:  

chelsea arent that good this season. heck we couldve managed a win there under Jose if that twat of a ref mike dean blew his whistle off exactly at 6th minute of added time.

It's a cursed ground for us over the past 20 years. That's my worry. We've lost or drawn in every possible manner over there. Hell, we didn't even beat them the year they sacked Jose because they were 10th. I believe we've won only 3 times there since 1999. The easy 3-0 win in 2002, the win in the Champions League quarters in 2011 and the win against 9 men in 2012.