[Matchday] [Premier League] Newcastle vs, Manchester Utd (02/01/19)
01-01-2019, 09:33 PM
[Premier League] Newcastle vs, Manchester Utd (02/01/19)
St James Park.
Kick off at 20:00

[Image: NewcastleUnited.jpg]

Team News:
- Bailly Suspended, Smalling and Rojo out.
- Alexis will feature at some point.
- Rashford is shaking off fatigue.
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: [Premier League] Newcastle vs, Manchester Utd (02/01/19)
I'd like to see;

DDG
Dalot Jones Lindelof Young
Herrera Matic
Lingard Pogba Martial
Rashford

Subs: Romero, Darmian, Fred, Mata,Perreira,Alexis, Lukaku

- If Rashford is fit enough for the squad,he's fit to start.If not,start Lukaku but Rashford in this form shouldn't be on the bench.
- Shaw seems fatigued so bring in Dalot. Screw Valencia and Fellaini, we've got better players than that.
- Keep Alexis on the bench until late on the game when we need fresh legs and Lingard and Martial tend to fade towards the end.

Ideally we bring on Mata,Alexis and Lukaku for Lingard,Martial and Rash and kill off Newcastle late on.
01-01-2019, 10:02 PM
Alexis for Lingard would be worth a shout. I'd rather see Shaw/Dalot than Young/Dalot as our L/R backs. Was hoping Smalling would be fit but apparently his poor footie still hurts. Matic probably needs a rest but maybe he'll get it in the Cup match.

Can we pry Lucas Hernandez away from Athletico in the Jan window??
02-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Happy New Year you crazy fuckers. Obviously TonyBee is the only one here who shagged anything, but hopefully the rest of you also had fun these last few days. Big Grin

Really looking forward to tonight. In the past, St James' Park was usually the ground for some of our best games. Even when we lost (like the 4-3 loss in 2001). We also won there 6-2, 5-1, 3-0, 3-1 and 4-0 (with Moyes on the bench!). Now that Ole has gotten us playing more freely again, tonight's game should be mint. Provided the FSW doesn't park the bus or anything...

As for the lineup, Marcus' fitness is an issue and we don't want to overwork him yet. So I would go with Heskaku and keep Marcus fresh for Reading (the FA cup is our only chance to win some silverware) and Tottenham. I also feel that Matic has been overworked as of late, but this isn't the game to rest him in. My lineup would be:

DDG - Young, Lindelof, Jones (UGH), Shaw - Herrera, Matic, Pogba - Lingard, Heskaku, Martial
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
02-01-2019, 11:58 AM
(01-01-2019 10:02 PM)@JC Wrote:  Alexis for Lingard would be worth a shout. I'd rather see Shaw/Dalot than Young/Dalot as our L/R backs. Was hoping Smalling would be fit but apparently his poor footie still hurts. Matic probably needs a rest but maybe he'll get it in the Cup match.

Can we pry Lucas Hernandez away from Athletico in the Jan window??

Problem with Hernandez is that he's sought after by some big clubs right now. Normally we would have a shot to sign him, but the club is still surrounded by uncertainity. Hernandez will rightfully wonder which manager he will be playing for next season. Pochettino should appeal to him, but I wouldn't be money on him being our next manager just yet.
02-01-2019, 06:27 PM
I think Ole will have to squeeze more juice out of certain players then we can play a new look side against Reading.
02-01-2019, 06:52 PM
DDG - Valencia, Linde, Jones, Shaw - Herrera, Matic, Pogba - Mata, Rash, Martial

Bench: Romero, Darmian, Young, Fred, Lingard, Alexis, Heskaku
02-01-2019, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2019 06:53 PM by Costas.)
No FellateBee in sight.

Ole has elevated the game of a number of players, but I'd lie if I said I'm looking forward to Valencia playing tonight. If Young isn't going to play there, give it to Dalot.
02-01-2019, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2019 07:03 PM by @JC.)
Don't think we can get the same work rate out of Mata that we got out of Jesse and I'd have preferred Alexis if we're making a change but Ole's made the correct calls so far so hopefully Mata's got his running boots on. And I concur with Costas on Tony, he's washed up, I'm sure Ole sees him as a steady veteran presence and hopefully has seen enough in training to give him a shot coming back but it's really time we moved on.

Fingers crossed, Foolaini is on his way out to Turkey this month...
02-01-2019, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2019 07:15 PM by @JC.)
Im going to have to watch a stream, stupid Chelsea match is on NBC here today and I'm still boycotting their shitty pay app.
02-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Absolute clear foul on Rashford not called right there, embarrassing from Marriner.
02-01-2019, 08:04 PM
The cunts are trying to take out Marcus.
02-01-2019, 08:06 PM
Jones a clusterfuck in defense so far, great tackle to save a goal after his complete fuck up but still, he's dire.
02-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Phil Jones trending #1 worldwide on twitter for being a fucking joke.

Valencia deserved the same.
02-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Good thing Antsu sucks or we'd probably be down right now thanks to our CB pairing's inability to handle long hopefully bombs downfield.
02-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Newcastle is triple teaming Pogba in the middle and collapsing down on his close passing options, going to take a little bit quicker rotation and creativity to break down the bus+route 1 football from the FSW.
02-01-2019, 08:17 PM
13 minutes in and Jones already gave them chance to score twice. Icon_lol

our right sided is such a joke. valencia is finished anyone who argue otherwise is clearly blind and Mata is such a waste of space, occupying centre area but too slow to react, left huge gap on the right to be exploit.
"I am not a man. I am Cantona"
02-01-2019, 08:17 PM
Ugh, Martial just scoops a close shot after some great pass and move play on the break after Rash just misses a great opportunity that took him a hair too close to the keeper for a higher percentage shot.
02-01-2019, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2019 08:19 PM by @JC.)
(02-01-2019 08:17 PM)TheCANTONA Wrote:  13 minutes in and Jones already gave them chance to score twice. Icon_lol

our right sided is such a joke. valencia is finished anyone who argue otherwise is clearly blind and Mata is such a waste of space, occupying centre area but too slow to react, left huge gap on the right to be exploit.

I agree, TonyV, Mata, Jones all need to move on. The 1st 2 are great people but no longer able to compete at a top level in the Prem and Jones is and always will be Jones.
02-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Ohh bad boy, watching the replay that could have been a straight red on Lascelles