[Matchday] [Premier League] Manchester Utd vs Bournemouth (30/12/18)
29-12-2018, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2018 12:43 AM by Clint-TheyCallMePapii.)
[Premier League] Manchester Utd vs Bournemouth (30/12/18)
Kick Off at 16:30 @ Old Trafford

[Image: skysports-manchester-united_4523191.jpg?20181218161317]

Team News:
- Martial, Alexis and Lukaku have resumed light training since Thursday and could feature.
- Rojo was injured and is on his way back. Valencia too and Smalling ruled out until after NYE.
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2018, 06:39 AM
RE: [Premier League] Manchester Utd vs Bournemouth (30/12/18)
A Papii match thread, days before the match?

The forum is returning to its glory days. Icon_eek
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
29-12-2018, 06:39 AM
Really interested to see what Ole does with Emilu Heskaku.
29-12-2018, 02:57 PM
(29-12-2018 06:39 AM)Costas Wrote:  Really interested to see what Ole does with Emilu Heskaku.

Do you mean will he play him or does he get Lukaku playing more like he does for Belgium?

I liked Oles comment that Pogba is responsible for his improved form and that Lukaku and Sanchez should look to follow suit. It puts the positives on the players but also gives him room to sit players who aren’t stepping up their game. Imagine if Ole can get 3-4 of our players performing at their peak level, together! Then you would see what this team could do and who needs to stay and who needs replacing.
29-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Well Spurs just proved they're the same bottlers they've always been losing to Wolves. Fingers crossed Arsenal beats Pool, I'm going to be sick if Pool keeps increasing their lead at the top.
29-12-2018, 04:38 PM
And Spurs showing they r feeling the pressure. 1-0 up until 70th minute now losing 3-1 in the 88th minute. People on here still so sure Pochettino is the man for us.... I have no idea who it should be. Hopefully Ole pulls off a miracle and he is made permanent
29-12-2018, 05:11 PM
spurs can have Messi & Ronaldo play together and they wouldve still bottled it.
"I am not a man. I am Cantona"
29-12-2018, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2018 05:56 PM by BuffaloRed.)
(29-12-2018 05:11 PM)TheCANTONA Wrote:  spurs can have Messi & Ronaldo play together and they wouldve still bottled it.

Speaking of habitual bottlers....

Is that a north London thing? And Papastathopoulos is embarrassing me and Costas today. Glad he doesn’t have Stathopoulos on his jersey like my name. He looks way out of his depth
29-12-2018, 06:27 PM
(29-12-2018 06:39 AM)Costas Wrote:  A Papii match thread, days before the match?

Fucking Excited ain't I Icon_lol I can smell another hammering Icon_cool OLE OLE OLE OLE ....OLE OLE Heart

(29-12-2018 04:38 PM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  And Spurs showing they r feeling the pressure. 1-0 up until 70th minute now losing 3-1 in the 88th minute. People on here still so sure Pochettino is the man for us.... I have no idea who it should be. Hopefully Ole pulls off a miracle and he is made permanent

Fucking bottling cunts. I tell you what, if Ole beats PSG and we get 70 points or plus. I'd give the job to Ole.
Of course we need a sporting director first .

I like Poch but this bottling comes from the managers soft mentality and we can't blame it on the club after 4 years.
I'd give the job to Poch if Ole doesn't qualify.
29-12-2018, 06:37 PM
(29-12-2018 05:37 PM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  
(29-12-2018 05:11 PM)TheCANTONA Wrote:  spurs can have Messi & Ronaldo play together and they wouldve still bottled it.

Is that a north London thing? And Papastathopoulos is embarrassing me and Costas today. Glad he doesn’t have Stathopoulos on his jersey like my name. He looks way out of his depth

they say London's big clubs are filled with softies
29-12-2018, 06:39 PM
sick to my stomach watching liverpool play, just hopeful the fatigues set in soon Angry
29-12-2018, 06:44 PM
another soft penalties for pool. michael olivier is really a twat.
29-12-2018, 06:46 PM
unai emery is such an idiot. his back 3 cant cope with liverpool's pace yet somehow he doeant make change at all.
29-12-2018, 06:51 PM
and he subbed his best striker off, clearly thinks this game is over Icon_lol
29-12-2018, 10:49 PM
(29-12-2018 06:39 PM)TheCANTONA Wrote:  sick to my stomach watching liverpool play, just hopeful the fatigues set in soon Angry

Doubt it, 7 point lead and they haven't played Rock N Roll football. Cunts have a beast in Van Dijk and play like 90's United.

Fuck them in the cunt .... Mourinho's to blame of course Icon_lol
29-12-2018, 10:55 PM
If I was Ole I would not risk starting Lukaku and Alexis and disrupt the fluidity and form of the team. Neither have played well enough in the last 12 months to suggest an uplift in confidence or form. They have to earn the right for a fair chance . If we are desperate for options against Bournemouth, we can make subs, but neither should start.

We need the right blend of experience,flair, youth and discipline.

DDG
Young Jones Lindelof Shaw
Herrera
Lingard Mata Pogba Martial
Rasshford

subs: Romero, Bailly, Dalot, Matic,Fred,Alexis, Lukaku
29-12-2018, 11:35 PM
I refuse to fret over Liverpool like I did in 2014. At the time I thought we dodged a bullet and that we would get our shit together before they did and that they wouldn't get close to our championship tally. And as it turns out, since then they've changed 1 manager, invested in the right manner and went from strength to strength. Whereas we've changed 4 managers, invested more than they have and still remain a club that hasn't put together a title challenge since Fergie retired.

If we are perfectly honest with ourselves, the title margin is much more likely to go 20-19 than it is to go 21-18. Whether it happens in 2019 or 2020, there's an air of inevitability about it. They are just a better run club from top to bottom. Believe me, I'll hate the sight of it (especially as someone who's never seen them win the title and as someone who knows the media frenzy that will ensue). But that's football. It goes in cycles and they were never going to go without another league title forever. Just like City have been finishing above us for 6 years in a row, something that hasn't happened in 50 years.

Besides, IF they win the title, it's hard to argue that they will deserve it. They play good football, they have a rock in defence, the best collection of midfielders in Europe and a thrilling striking threesome. All we can do is swallow the bitter pill and hire the right people to make sure we get back in contention asap.
29-12-2018, 11:48 PM
I must say though, I did belly-laugh when I saw Tottenham's result and the manner of it. Truth be told, NO ONE chokes like they do. Title challengers for 3 days. Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol

Lets just hope Poch shakes off their loser stench before he joins us. Angel

(29-12-2018 02:57 PM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  
(29-12-2018 06:39 AM)Costas Wrote:  Really interested to see what Ole does with Emilu Heskaku.

Do you mean will he play him or does he get Lukaku playing more like he does for Belgium?

I liked Oles comment that Pogba is responsible for his improved form and that Lukaku and Sanchez should look to follow suit. It puts the positives on the players but also gives him room to sit players who aren’t stepping up their game. Imagine if Ole can get 3-4 of our players performing at their peak level, together! Then you would see what this team could do and who needs to stay and who needs replacing.

He will definitely use him. After all, Lukaku does come with a hefty transfer fee which suggests we ought to maximize his contribution. So I am really interested in seeing how he will play under Ole and how our attacking play will look with him involved.

Lukaku, as much as we've mocked him for justified reasons, is a good goalscorer. He proved that last season and during the World Cup. Hopefully Solskjaer can get him to rediscover his best form. Lukaku is a bit different to Pogba and Martial, IMO. He was never actually shackled by Mourinho. He just fell into a slump after he stopped scoring.

(29-12-2018 05:37 PM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  

Heh, I didn't think Sokratis himself was terrible. He was just dragged down by the shitiness around him! He's a good defender, but he can't dig people out of the hole like a top defender does (Rio was so great at that). Especially when they are as awful as Mustafi. I think Emery's high line also doesn't help things and that's why Arsenal have been leaking goals nonstop.

Oh well. At least Giannis Antetokounmpo is still making us proud.

(29-12-2018 06:27 PM)Clint-TheyCallMePapii Wrote:  
(29-12-2018 06:39 AM)Costas Wrote:  A Papii match thread, days before the match?

Fucking Excited ain't I Icon_lol I can smell another hammering Icon_cool OLE OLE OLE OLE ....OLE OLE Heart

Same here. Can't control what Liverpool do anymore, but at least we can enjoy our own games again!
30-12-2018, 12:37 AM
(29-12-2018 11:35 PM)Costas Wrote:  I refuse to fret over Liverpool like I did in 2014. At the time I thought we dodged a bullet and that we would get our shit together before they did and that they wouldn't get close to our championship tally. And as it turns out, since then they've changed 1 manager, invested in the right manner and went from strength to strength. Whereas we've changed 4 managers, invested more than they have and still remain a club that hasn't put together a title challenge since Fergie retired.

If we are perfectly honest with ourselves, the title margin is much more likely to go 20-19 than it is to go 21-18. Whether it happens in 2019 or 2020, there's an air of inevitability about it. They are just a better run club from top to bottom. Believe me, I'll hate the sight of it (especially as someone who's never seen them win the title and as someone who knows the media frenzy that will ensue). But that's football. It goes in cycles and they were never going to go without another league title forever. Just like City have been finishing above us for 6 years in a row, something that hasn't happened in 50 years.

Besides, IF they win the title, it's hard to argue that they will deserve it. They play good football, they have a rock in defence, the best collection of midfielders in Europe and a thrilling striking threesome. All we can do is swallow the bitter pill and hire the right people to make sure we get back in contention asap.

Liverpool and Klopp haven't got where they are by miracle. It's organic growth since 2015.
They have invested heavily in footballers and got one of the best 3 managers in the world since 2010.
Mourinho moaned about their spending but he overlooked Klopp is a top 3 manager after Pep since 2010. Mourinho fell out of the elite bracket since 2015. It has been Pep,Klopp,Zidane,Simeone since Poch is overachieving and reaching that top bracket, Spurs are now a consistent top 4 team while Arsenal and United are Yo-Yo clubs.
Ed Woodward is huge part of that Mourinho failure. He can't be sacked but Sporting Director can hold his hands.
30-12-2018, 04:08 PM
DDG - Young, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw - Herrera, Matic, Pogba - Lingard, Rashford, Martial.

Best possible lineup. Bench: Romero, Andreas, Jones, Mata, Fellaini, Darmian and Heskaku