YES!!! IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!
18-12-2018, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2018 09:47 AM by Costas.)
Mourinho got sacked. A caretaker will take over until the end of the season.
[Image: 5ohyX.gif][Image: berbatov.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2018, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2018 10:11 AM by Costas.)
RE: YES!!! IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!
Carrick will be the caretaker temporarily. The caretaker who will lead the team until the end of the season will be fron outside the club and will be announced shortly.
18-12-2018, 10:16 AM
Surprised to say the least! Thought it would be another few months. Happy and nervous at the same time, got this feeling Eddy will fuck it up again...

Didn’t he get the sack this time at last stint at Chelsea?
18-12-2018, 10:17 AM
Awwww was just starting to like Jose as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TonyBee.....the enigma....and well known grumpy bollocks...

Angel one of MG's friends Angel
18-12-2018, 10:19 AM
(18-12-2018 10:16 AM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  Surprised to say the least! Thought it would be another few months. Happy and nervous at the same time, got this feeling Eddy will fuck it up again...

Didn’t he get the sack this time at last stint at Chelsea?

Yeah. Early December.

I am also nervous because getting Pochettino will be very difficult. The alternative is Zidane, but he may not be up for it.

But for right now, the performances can only improve and we can get to smile about something. Hopefully Keano will be the interim manager.
18-12-2018, 10:20 AM
(18-12-2018 10:17 AM)TonyBee Wrote:  Awwww was just starting to like Jose as well...
Happy Xmas Jose!!

Useless outdated wanker

TonyBee.....the enigma....and well known grumpy bollocks...

Angel one of MG's friends Angel
18-12-2018, 10:20 AM
Fucking Yes!!!!!

I'm fucking elated. My colleagues cannot understand what's gotten into me. Big Grin

Official Website is down BTW. Icon_lolIcon_lol
"I've spent 25 years of my life pushing this club forward and not only could I not have done it without those fans, I do it for them." - Sir Alex
"Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have – and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." - Phillip Appleman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Facebook Last.fm Twitter   
18-12-2018, 10:31 AM
(18-12-2018 10:20 AM)TonyBee Wrote:  
(18-12-2018 10:17 AM)TonyBee Wrote:  Awwww was just starting to like Jose as well...
Happy Xmas Jose!!

Useless outdated wanker

Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol

18-12-2018, 10:53 AM
It's sad. Not a day to be happy. I celebrated LVG sacking but I mourn yet another stab to the heart.

The club is dying by a 100 wounds this is one of many blows.

We need a Sporting Director who is internationally recognised and top tier. We also need an interim and a long term strategy.

Get in a DoF, give it to McKenna and Carrick. Then reset in the summer.

Woodward has to look at the Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Spurs model. We need a structure and football knowledge at board level.
[Image: tumblr_lx43ekV1QW1r9s77do1_500.jpg]
18-12-2018, 12:01 PM
wow didnt expect that!
twatter also full of rumours that we're going to appoint a football director before the new manager came in.
"I am not a man. I am Cantona"
18-12-2018, 02:55 PM
(18-12-2018 10:53 AM)Clint-TheyCallMePapii Wrote:  It's sad. Not a day to be happy. I celebrated LVG sacking but I mourn yet another stab to the heart.

The club is dying by a 100 wounds this is one of many blows.

We need a Sporting Director who is internationally recognised and top tier. We also need an interim and a long term strategy.

Get in a DoF, give it to McKenna and Carrick. Then reset in the summer.

Woodward has to look at the Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Spurs model. We need a structure and football knowledge at board level.

Disagree mate. It's a happy day in the sense that it's the first step in the right direction. We weren't going forward with Mourinho and we were never going to keep him and get rid of half the players or even Ed Woodward (as much as some of his fanboys would have wanted).

Plus, I am happy to see the back of a man who proved to be so little and classless. He was dead to me the day he attacked Paul Scholes.
18-12-2018, 05:04 PM
I'd love to hear from XSA and Robbo, there's only 6-7 of us here these days at max.

This is new ground for the club. we haven't had an interim manager for a 6 month period in 35+ years.

Rumors that Jose was sacked because he refused to work behind a DoF and lose authority. Honestly I can't foresee conceding power either to a DOF.

Most likely The Glazers and Woodward will botch this DoF role and make it a buffer for criticism between the board of directors and manager. Spreading accountability. The club lacks integrity and respect for it's fans. I am very cynical about these rumors because it's been 5 years and not a director in sight. Former United head of recruitment: Derek Langley https://www.squawka.com/en/news/united-h...ked/721830 shed some light on how an increasing amount of corporate figure heads are landing top job within the club with Zero experience in football.

The only way I believe the club is on the right track is if:

A) A Director of Football is employed. With duties of long term recruitment for the 1st team and academy. Managerial strategy and club ethos.
B) He oversee's the appointment of a manager for the 2019-20 season and succession plans ( Giggs? Poch? Zidane? Howe? Nagelsmann?)
C) He takes the limelight from Woodward and becomes our public relations face and pushes Woodward back into his HQ office in London.

I am hoping for either Paul Mitchell or Fabio Paratici as they come highly recommended from within the game.
18-12-2018, 06:00 PM
(18-12-2018 02:55 PM)Costas Wrote:  Disagree mate. It's a happy day in the sense that it's the first step in the right direction. We weren't going forward with Mourinho and we were never going to keep him and get rid of half the players or even Ed Woodward (as much as some of his fanboys would have wanted).

Plus, I am happy to see the back of a man who proved to be so little and classless. He was dead to me the day he attacked Paul Scholes.

I won't lie, its bittersweet. I had hoped Jose was our 2 season messiah. To bring us toe to toe with Pep Guardiola. Especially after Moyes and LVG. The man I backed 3 years ago today failed me and those who believed he was a closet Manchester Utd fan. The notion that he always wanted this job and he would be Fergie's true successor to the throne proved wrong. Another false dawn.

For me, the boat sank a long time ago. The early exit from the title race last year lead to a slow death and Jose quickly unraveled as the loser he is today. The FA Cup final, the summer window and the Jose 3rd season syndrome kicked into gear.
The 2nd season was a massive failure for me. The 3rd season syndrome symptoms began to surface very early and prematurely.

The worst thing is: Jose had a real disdain and resentment for Manchester United, it's fans and players and his employers. I never thought he would treat Sir Alex Ferguson's club with such a lack of respect and integrity. He was classless. I am not Woodward's biggest fan or Pogba's or a supporter of the view that we have a world class squad.

But on performances. coaching, man management, results and squad morale alone, he had to be fired earlier and didn't earn a 3rd season or renewed contract.

What's done is done.

Now the cunt is chuffed with an easy, undeserved £24m pay out. Like LVG and Moyes. he's pulled a fast one. Woodward is a mug.
18-12-2018, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2018 06:18 PM by @JC.)
WOW! Been busy at work today and just heard, got to say I'm shocked the board showed the balls to make the move. Really thought we'd be stuck with him until the bitter end.

Question now is, does Scott take Jose's cock out of his mouth and jump over to the anti-Mourinho side or will he wax poetic about the Jose years and how he was building towards something... And has anyone seen Yusef since the announcement? Is he on a suicide watch?
18-12-2018, 06:19 PM
(18-12-2018 10:16 AM)BuffaloRed Wrote:  Didn’t he get the sack this time at last stint at Chelsea?

Sacked 1 day after the 3 year anniversary of his Chelsea Sacking...
18-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Papii, don't disagree with much. Ideally, and I think I said this in the past, Mourinho, Woodward and Pogba ought to leave together. For me, they've failed in their respective fields (ok, we disagree on Pogba which is fine) and the club's next day shouldn't feature any of them.

Sacking Mourinho while keeping Woodward makes it look like Ed's incompetence once again went unpunished. And it really shouldn't. He hasn't just failed football wise, but financially as well. His idiotic decision to hand Mourinho a contract extension means that we had to fork out 18-24 million to sack him 6 months later! And now we are set to miss out on next year's Champions League, which will also come at a cost. On top of that, getting Pochettino won't come in cheap. And we are not City. We can't keep losing money on stuff like this. It will affect our transfer market activity.

I can ONLY hope that the Glazers finally learned their lesson and decided to hire a DoF, limiting Woodward to marketing and nothing more. 6 years after Fergie retired, we have missed out on the Champions League 3 times and we've had to pay compensation packages (big or small) to 3 different managers. Pure and simple, Woodward, besides damaging the club's status as a top footballing power, has also cost the club millions.

Anyway, lets see what the next 6 months bring. I won't lie though. I don't want to get dizzy thinking about this stuff just yet. For now, I just want to breathe a sign of relief that the cunt is gone and look forward to better performances for the rest of the season. Cardiff is actually the first game I've looked forward to in a long time. Especially if the interim manager is Roy or Ole!

It will also be interesting to see how some players perform. I will post my detailed thoughts on the squad's future at another time, but lets just say that the next 6 months will be huge for the likes of Pogba, Heskaku, Sanchez and Martial.

(18-12-2018 06:15 PM)@JC Wrote:  WOW! Been busy at work today and just heard, got to say I'm shocked the board showed the balls to make the move. Really thought we'd be stuck with him until the bitter end.

Question now is, does Scott take Jose's cock out of his mouth and jump over to the anti-Mourinho side or will he wax poetic about the Jose years and how he was building towards something... And has anyone seen Yusef since the announcement? Is he on a suicide watch?

Yusuf just posted that a change will be good in terms of bringing positivity back to the club and signed off with a generic "GGMU". I have to hand it to the muppet. I didn't think he would show up today!

The only thing I've seen from Scott is an article on paddy power where he says that Woodward's reaction was a sign that we are acting like a top club again (in the sense that we didn't wait for Jose to mess it up completely like we did with Moyes). He's already starting to flip flop...
18-12-2018, 09:30 PM
Onto Papii's point, I also wish we saw some old faces back in here. It's been an ongoing discussion over the years that the forum has lost members due to its negativity. Well, at the end of the day, who was right? Those of us who were calling out Van Gaal and Mourinho to get sacked when they reached the end of their road? Or those who thought we should keep playing 80% possession football with no shots on target or parking the bus like Stoke would?

It saddens me that the fandom has been divided so much and long time friendships have been frozen because of this stuff. It's stupid. Obviously it was easier to live in the Fergie era where "Believe in the manager" was a realistic concept that united us, but that's no longer the case and most fans just can't come to terms with it.
18-12-2018, 10:47 PM
HeartHeartHeartHeart

[Image: 5ohyX.gif]
18-12-2018, 11:51 PM
Ole is a sweetheart Heart
Ole has nothing to prove.
Its all on the players now to redeem themselves and take on board Ole's vision for United in the next 6 months.

Even if we get relegated, it's on the players and CEO.
19-12-2018, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2018 12:29 AM by @JC.)
Very happy Ole is back. He's 100% the opposite of Jose in attitude and demeanor. Hoping the players respond and we get back to fun to watch football.